It is truism that health is wealth. For us to be in a good state of health, exercise is paramount. There are a numbers of ways to exhibit exercise but of the most effective, efficient and accessible means to exercising is through RECUMBENT BIKE. Introducing the deluxe means of exercise, recumbent bike, brings to limelight another opportunity for the busiest set of individuals who also desire to be physically fit. Recumbent bike offers an opportunity for cardiovascular workout from the comfort of your home or local gym.
Pragmatically, recumbent bike takes a horizontal position with the pedals out in front of you. This reclined position with your back supported and legs out in front of you make it excellently comfortable. In lieu of the structure, it enables you to work your glutes and legs harder than an upright bike.
Why Recumbent Bike?
Virtually everyone wants to be physically upright but the futility of time and distance mostly serve as constrain. It is an incontrovertible fact that recumbent bike is a typical indoor mode of exercise.
The nearness, accessibility, affordability and most importantly, the consequences on the gymnast makes recumbent bike stand out. While it is doubtless that recumbent bike is just evolving, the lying-down sort of practice leading to derivation of pleasure has given it a growing trend of acceptability.
It will thus worth a while if you do not allow this opportunity elude you. Additionally, recumbent bike is suitable for people of various kinds including sedentary person.
The semi-reclined position of the recumbent rider provided a much broader distribution of the body weight across the more anatomically correct padded areas of the buttocks and across the back.
The hands, arms and shoulders were in a relaxed position not bearing the weight of the torso. With the back in a reclined positioned, the abdomen was flat and straight which allowed full and easy expansion of the lungs.
The feet rested on the pedals allowing easy flexion and extension of the legs and afforded a relaxed resting position much like on a recliner foot rest. The head was held in a neutral position, looking forward, the neck relaxed. Eye contact with motor vehicle drivers was second nature to the recumbent riding position.
Benefits of Recumbent Bike
- Cardiovascular Exercise
The first major benefit is cardiovascular exercise. The use of recumbent bike is of a great aerobic exercise…..Many people who do regular cardio exercise see an increase in heart and lung function, a decrease in blood pressure, and a decrease in lung disorders.
- Targeting More Muscles
Whether you are using an upright bike or a recumbent bike, cycling helps you build muscles in your thighs, lower legs and gluteus. Cycling also helps you build more lean body mass. Therefore, the recumbent bicycle allows you to target different muscles and, according to some research, more muscles than an upright bike.
However, recumbent bikes benefit the muscles a bit differently as they set your legs at different positions when it comes to cycling, making more muscle areas be targeted.
- Provide Safety While Cycling
Compared to uprights, recumbent bikes are much safer. That is the reason why you often find recumbent bikes, not uprights in rehab facilities. This is because recumbent bikes offer back support as well as a larger seat. Recumbent bikes are also lower to the ground, making it easier for rehab patients and the elderly to get on and off.
- Increase Workout Duration
Since the recumbent bike is more comfortable and generally easier to use than the upright bike, you are more likely to stick to your workout routine when you use a recumbent bike. You are also more likely to workout for a longer period of time.
After all, if you are experiencing pain in your back and buttocks, you are not likely to continue pedaling. You are also less likely to jump on the bike again the next day or later in the week. By keeping your body comfortable and pain-free, you are far more likely to push yourself and to stick with your new exercise routine.
The exact price of a recumbent bike depends on the size. It varies in structures but similar in functions regardless of the size. Owing to its multifaceted materials and functions, it is relatively expensive yet affordable. In as much as health safety remains a child of necessity, recumbent bike is aptly one of best modes of exercise.
PROFORM HYBRID TRAINER (PRODUCT REVIEW)
Dual duty of this bike makes it of great benefit for adequate workout. If you need to acquire both elliptical machine and a recumbent bike, Proform hybrid trainer entails both of these package.
As being a recumbent bike, it can be used for cardio and lower body toning and in other hand for elliptical, cardio and total body toning is done. With this double duty, whichever you opt for your workout rate will be low-impact and by using both you will be able to get rid of extra calories and become fit in no time.
Therefore, the proform hybrid trainer is versatile, solid and has high durability value. The package is also equipped with an enormous range of programs and adjustable resistance.
- Target pacer
This exercise equipment aids customizing your workout rate as it been equipped with an onboard target pacer. This helps to detect if your pace slows down or speeds up which makes it easy to achieve your optimal training goal.
- Heart rate monitor
EKG heart rate monitor is fixed into its hand grips which is used in your target heart rate range and to visualize effectiveness of your workouts.
For been a versatile equipment, 14 built-in program applications are designed in it which allows you to vary your workouts and progress to a more challenging level.
- Variable resistance
The package comprise of 14 level of resistance which make it suitable for beginner to intermediate level exercisers and beyond. This wide resistance also allows you to increase the challenge of your workouts whenever you feel like.
- Built –in transport wheels
This makes proform hybrid trainer mobile anytime you wish to relocate it thereby making the stress minimal.
- Hand grips: This allows you to work on your upper body when the machine is in elliptical mode and also helps in burning additional calories.
- Adjustable console and pedals: The console has a LCD window which makes reading of the workout stats easy and also there is oversized adjustable pedals which provide a safe and comfortable footing.
- Water bottle holder: Positioned water bottle holder provides direct means of refreshment without disrupting your workout.
- Versatile and convenient: Since the device is of dual duty it will save you money and space of acquiring two machines
- Warranty: The warranty that comes with model covers 5 years for the frame.
- Heart rate monitor limitation: The monitor is only useful when the device is in elliptical mode.
- Stride: People above 6 feet tall find it hard to stride the device.
- Warranty: The warranty only covers for 90 days for the parts and labor.
- DIMENSIONS – measures 45“ x 18“ x 24“.
- WEIGHT – 142lbs.
- USER WEIGHT – The upper user weight limit for this model is 350 pounds.
- STRIDE – 15” Stride ensures effective and comfortable workout.
The proform hybrid trainer is a relatively compact and versatile fitness device that perform double duty with some favourable features. With all in one machine, effective workout is achieved and it is of affordable price.
SCHWINN 230 RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE (PRODUCT REVIEW).
This is a quality machine that can provide you with years of excellent workouts. Like other regular bicycle the work is done by pedaling against various forms of resistance but what makes it differs from others is that you sit in a reclined position on a regular seat with a back and pedal with your feet out in front of you instead of below the body.
It is an excellent device needed for rehabilitation and for those who have joint and back problems.
- Ergonomic: The Schwinn 230 is mainly to work naturally with your body, the seat is designed to provide a comfortable seating position and also keep you from sticking to the seat as you sweat and keep the seat from smelling bad. The seat also has a fore and after adjustment which allow you to move the seat closer or away from the pedal therefore user of different heights can adjust their position on bike. There is also a hand grip next to the seat which also contain heart rate monitor sensors to help keep you balanced.
- Resistance: Schwinn 230 has a dual resistance capacity, the flywheel and eddy resistance. The flywheel resistance functions by having the user pedal an internal flywheel that is specially weighted on the perimeter of the wheel and the system use brake type clamps to create resistance. Schwinn 230 has 20 different levels of eddy resistance and uses an electromagnetic field to create a consistent level of resistance .
- Console: Schwinn is designed to have console of upper and lower section to display a wider field of data. The upper console has a grip display that creates a profile for your course throughout the time of your workout so that you can know the level you have reach on your workout. The lower console is placed in the device to give actual readings of the most common metics that people like to use to track their workouts.
- Programs: The device has 22 different pre-programme workouts that you can utilize. With this you have wide range of options for which workout you prefer. The programs are profile programs, heart rate control programs, fitness test programs e.t.c.
- Good cardio exercise
- Mid-range machine
- 10 years warranty of the frame
- Easy to assemble
- Lack of Bluetooth connectivity
- 1 year warranty of the electrical parts
- DIMENSION- 5.3 feet x 2.3 feet x 4.2 feet
- UNIT WEIGHT – 81 lbs.
The Schwinn 230 recumbent exercise bike is a good mid-range and mid-priced recumbent bike and is a great machine for those that want low impact and high resistance workouts.
SUNNY HEALTH & FITNESS SF-RB4601 RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE (PRODUCT REVIEW).
This machine allows you to work out in a reclined position and has a back support to provide you with a much more comfortable workout experience with great features and benefits.
- LCD display monitor: It has a small monitor which indicates speed, distance, time and calories burned. It also detect pulse rate.
- Quiet belt drive system: This helps to delivers a smooth workout making this machine a durable device.
- 8 magnetic resistance levels.
- Hand grip pulse sensors.
- Suitable for anyone up to 300 pounds.
- Large cushioned seat and back support.
- Ideal for fitness, toning and weight loss.
- DIMENSION – 56“ x 28.5“ x 43“.
- WEIGHT – 65 pounds.
- USER WEIGHT – Up 300 pounds.
With the above benefits, this recumbent bike will give you a quality workout with its 8 levels of resistance. It is convenient to sit on with its cushioned seat and back support and has an LCD monitor that helps to monitor your performance. Finally the machine is a strong device as it can support anyone up to 300 pounds and it is of affordable price.
STAMINA ELITE TOTAL BODY RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE (PRODUCT REVIEW).
This is a specialized recumbent bike that can exercise your upper body and legs at the same time, it has moving arms at the front of bike that you pedal with your hands. This kind of bike is good for getting rid of more calories and having a better workout rate and the same time work on your legs. Basically stamina elite total body recumbent exercise bike is designed for people aiming to raise metabolism and it supports efficient whole body workouts.
- Dual pedal design: It has both foot pedal and hand pedal, the foot pedal deliver a cardiovascular workout and lower body toning while the hand pedal target muscles in your arms, shoulder and back.
- 8 resistance levels: It provides 8 levels of cycling difficulty to help you push yourself
- Comfortable seat with adjustable angle seatback: The bike offers an easy lever adjusted seat with plenty of cushioning for most users, it designed to improve seat fit and flexibility.
- Warranty: This bike has a five years frame warranty and one year parts warranty but no labor warranty. With this the warranty could be better.
- Limited display screen: The display screen is only capable of showing one of the five statistics at a time.
- No preprogrammed workout routines: It does not offer any automated resistance adjustment capabilities.
- DIMENSION – 50“ x 24“ x 49“.
- WEIGHT – 117 lbs.
- USER WEIGHT – 250 lbs.
In conclusion, the multipurpose stamina elite total body recumbent bike offers low-stress aerobic training and muscle toning for the whole body. It is sturdy, quiet and durable.
NAUTILUS R616 RECUMBENT BIKE (PRODUCT REVIEW).
This is a machine with a wide range of workouts programs and resistance levels and useful accessories which makes working out a lot more enjoyable. It is easy to assemble and has a built-in transport wheels.
- Resistance: It has 25 levels of resistance which enable you to increase the intensity of your workouts.
- Flywheel: A perimeter weighted flywheel delivers smooth workouts.
- Transport wheels: This enable easy relocation of the bike when necessary.
- Programs: It has 29 built-in programs and it includes 4 custom programs for storing the workout data of 4 users, 12 profile program, 9 heart rate programs, 2 fitness test programs, 1 quick start program and 1 recovery test program.
- Heart rate monitors: It can track your heart rate either by chest strap or handlebar grip monitoring function.
- Ergonomic test: The seat of the device is ergonomically designed for more comfortable workouts.
- Comfortable seat: The seat is well padded and its contoured back provides excellent support.
- Quiet and smooth ride: It has a high speed perimeter weighted flywheel for quiet and smooth workouts.
- Stability: The oversized crossbar tubing designed in it makes remain stable no matter how hard and fast the pedal is.
- Good warranty: The warranty covers 10 years for its frame, 2 years for parts, 1 year for electronics and 90 days for labor.
- Absence of chest strap
- DIMENSION – 49.6“ x 28.3“ x 65.3“.
- WEIGHT – 91.9 lbs.
- USER WEIGHT – maximum weight is 300 pounds.
The nautilus R616 is robust and durable, it is quiet, stable and cool to ride with more built-in workout programs. The resistance level is more than stationary bikes that are more costly than it.
MAGNETRAINER MINI EXERCISE BIKE (PRODUCT REVIEW).
This is a mini exercise bike for arm and leg, it is most effective for older person that wish to exercise but cannot due to lack of mobility. Also it is used by person that is looking for an easy way to fit more exercise into their day. In accordance to all this usefulness, this mini exercise device is able to tone the upper and lower body, increase strength and flexibility, burns calories and medically it is used in nursing homes and hospitals.
- Adjustable resistance: This mini bike has three times the range of adjustment compared to some similar devices.
- Quiet: The operation of this bike is quiet using magnetic field.
- Reverse pedaling: This device has forward and backward pedals which helps in achieving maximum workouts.
- Portable: The bike is very portable as it is light in weight allowing you to move it anytime through any kind of distance.
- Monitor: The device is designed in a way to monitor tracks and displays your speed, distance, time and estimated calories burned.
- Stability: Due to its 15“ wide base, the device is really stable.
- Compact and light machine
- Can operate in both forward and backward directions
- Magnetic resistance makes it quiet and smooth
- Many desirable accessories comes with the package.
- Limitations: The result of the workout from this mini bike cannot be compared to the result you will get from a full size exercise bike.
- Movement: The device cannot be used on tiled or wooden floor as it moves forward so it is advisable to place it on a rug or rest its leds against a wall.
- DIMENSION – 20“ x 18“ x 17.5“.
- WEIGHT – 23 lbs.
- BATTERIES – Two AA batteries are included for the monitor.
The magnetrainer mini exercise bike is perfect for people who don’t have space or finances to buy an exercise machine or separate machines to work their upper and lower body therefore is affordable. Due to being a quiet operating device, you can use it while you sit and watch television or read.
It can also used in your office by placing it under the office desk without disrupting your productivity or annoy anyone around you. All in all this mini bike can be used by placing on the table for arm workout or under the table for leg workout.
MONO TRITON ULTIMATE WHEELED CRUISER (PRODUCT REVIEW).
Compared to other recumbent bike, mono triton ultimate wheeled cruiser is of three wheeled cruiser mostly for big kids. It is a perfect companion for a workout resulting in increased cardiovascular health and hand-eye coordination.
- Comfortable cushioned seat.
- Sturdy, adjustable steel frame.
- Ergonomically designed cruiser.
- Caliper handbrake.
- Innovative steering system with no balance needed.
- Well-built and comfortable.
- Looks cool and stylish.
- Unique and simple mechanical design.
- Slow in movement.
- More for flat surfaces than hills.
- DIMENSION – 41“-51“ x 26.5“x 25“.
- WEIGHT CAPACITY – 220 lbs.
- TRIKE WEIGHT – 39 lbs.
- GEARING – Single speed.
- WHEEL SIZE – 16“ front, 12“ rear.
- SEAT HEIGHT – 11“ above the ground.
- BONUS MATERIAL – safety flag included.
- BRAKE SYSTEM – Hand caliper.
The device is a tricycle perfect for kids and adults (short body frame) which is easy to assemble and comfortable.